At CitiMortgage, we're fighting for disabled veterans who have fought for us all. For those having difficulties making their mortgage payments--and don't qualify for other assistance--we've created the Citi® Disabled Veterans Mortgage Relief Program. For CitiMortgage customers, this special program reduces monthly mortgage payments for two full years by reducing the interest rate by up to 2.5%1. Those who may qualify include military and Coast Guard veterans wounded, injured or otherwise disabled in the line of duty. Surviving spouses of military and Coast Guard personnel who died while on active duty may also qualify, if they're co-borrowers on the loan.
Our CEO, Sanjiv Das, sums it up best: "At CitiMortgage, we are committed to helping serve the needs of current and former members of the armed forces... We recognize that wounded or disabled veterans may be having financial difficulties in this challenging economic environment, and they warrant our heightened consideration."
This program is part of the Citi Homeowner Assistance Program. You don't have to be delinquent or facing default to participate. Even better, there are no special fees.
How the program works
Disabled vets are first evaluated to see if they qualify for a permanent mortgage modification. If not, they may be eligible for this special program. For an approved homeowner, the first step is for CitiMortgage to bring the loan current. We'll forgive past-due amounts and waive outstanding late fees. Then, we'll lower ongoing payments for two years by reducing the interest rate by up to 2.5%1.
Here are few things to know about the Citi® Disabled Veterans Mortgage Relief Program:
· Your loan must be a first mortgage owned by CitiMortgage on the principal residence.
· These loans DO NOT qualify: Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veteran's Affairs (VA), Rural Development loans; and loans currently under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) protection.
· You must provide your discharge documents and a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs, confirming that you have a service-connected disability.
· You may qualify whether you're current or delinquent on your mortgage payments.
· You don't have to prove financial hardship to qualify.
· You'll need to sign the program agreement--and if you're currently delinquent--you'll need to make one reduced payment before you're enrolled in the program.
For more information, please call 1-800-283-7918† or visit www.citimortgage.com.
† Calls are randomly monitored and recorded to ensure quality service. 1 The lowest possible interest rate for this program is 2%.
† Calls are randomly monitored and recorded to ensure quality service.
1 The lowest possible interest rate for this program is 2%.